Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Renting a MicroFridge

daisy28daisy28 Posts: 121Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2009 in Cornell University
Has anyone rented one of these? Has anyone bought one? I would really like to have the little microwave in my room, so this will work better for me than just a fridge. Any insight would be appreciated!
Post edited by daisy28 on

Replies to: Renting a MicroFridge

• lavendergraceslavendergraces Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
    yes, I would like to know more about this too, like how much this would be to rent.
  • dewdrop87dewdrop87 Posts: 3,397Registered User Senior Member
    I rented one at my first college....it was certainly convenient to have b/c I was an athlete and so I had to make my dinners in my room quite often.
  • franglishfranglish Posts: 2,308Registered User Senior Member
    We rented one last year (D's first year) and may very well rent one again this year. It was OK. A bit beat up, but it worked-- well, she told us recently that the microwave part never worked. Wish we had known that earlier....

Anyway, it's well worth not having to lug it up and down stairs and try to find a place to put it for the summer (we live in a small NYC apartment). You can rent it through your school. Interesting, the price of it changes depending on the school you go to...
  • xxJustAMomxxxxJustAMomxx Posts: 297Registered User Junior Member
    I have been thinking about this too. We were thinking about buying one, because even though they are expensive, my incoming freshman might use it for 2 years and then I will have another daughter ready for college (if the fridge lasts that long!). Just a lot of money to shell out right now!! But probably worth it in the long run!
  • diehldundiehldun Posts: 1,499Registered User Senior Member
    The school I went to last year provided a microfridge unit in the room free of charge... when I used it I was glad I had it, but honestly I never really did use it that much. Probably will not get it.
  • ResurgamBellResurgamBell Posts: 2,269. Senior Member
    the microfridge is soo much smaller...

there's a microwave in every dorm kitchenette so using that one shouldnt be a problem...
  • AnbuItachiAnbuItachi Posts: 1,345Registered User Senior Member
    don't rent, its expensive and a lot of people don't even use it much.

if you really need it just buy a new one,

Buy the Haier 1.7 Cu. Ft. Refrigerator/Freezer - White and other Refrigerators, washers & dryers at circuitcity.com

• Save an additional 10% - use coupon code FFAQU45AFA
  • franglishfranglish Posts: 2,308Registered User Senior Member
  • ResurgamBellResurgamBell Posts: 2,269. Senior Member
    i am going to bump this because i want to know how spacy the fridge and freezer and microwave are on those microfridges.

the freezer how many lean cuisines can it hold? lol
    can the microwave pop regular popcorn bags or MINI BAGS only? do lean cuisines fit?