Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Financial aid

MIA6MIA6 Posts: 78Registered User Junior Member
edited February 2009 in Cornell University
Hi,guys. I am filling out my FAFSA, and does anyone know the fafsa code or federal school code for Cornell University? I searched its code on FAFSA, but I am not sure if it's correct, because usually some schools have title like financial aid office, but the one for cornell doesn't have. If I applied their engineering school, do I send my FAFSA to the school or just cornell univeristy? thanks.
Post edited by MIA6 on

Replies to: Financial aid

• dococtopidococtopi Posts: 248Registered User Junior Member
    "The Cornell Title IV Institution Code number is 002711"

I got that straight from my application booklet.
  • pinkfeatherpinkfeather Posts: 312Registered User Member
    Cornell does not need FAFSA till after you have been admitted and decide to attend. Only require CSS PROFILE.
  • DRMAN54DRMAN54 Posts: 271Registered User Junior Member
    "Cornell does not need FAFSA till after you have been admitted and decide to attend. Only require CSS PROFILE."

I really doubt this is true, and it's naive to do this. Remember it's a first come first serve. If funds run out, you miss out.
  • Cornellian1001Cornellian1001 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    At Cornell its not first-come first-serve, 100% of students deemed to have financial need get their full financial need met.
  • DRMAN54DRMAN54 Posts: 271Registered User Junior Member
    I know, I'm talking about federal aid. Cornell aid is mostly determined by CSS. Federal Aid is first come first serve determined by FAFSA.
  • Cornellian1001Cornellian1001 Posts: 49Registered User Junior Member
    Well, I suppose it won't matter if you get federal aid, if Cornell will meet 100% of your need regardless.
    I got accepted ED, and on a paper I got directly from Cornell(CoE) it says the FAFSA is due on April 15th for both EDers and RDers. Furthermore, the only financial aid stuff due for RDers for the January 1st "deadline" (I sent all my financial aid stuff 3 weeks late), is the Cornell FinAid App, Signed Copies Prior Years federal income tax returns(for you[if applicable] and your parents), and the CSS profile.
  • johnetcusjohnetcus Posts: 61Registered User Junior Member
    Does anyone know what the last date/deadline is that you can still file your financial aid application for the freshman 2009? I am not talking about the federal. I have done FAFSA. Just the Cornell's aid. Is that too late if apply after the admission?

Thanks a million!