Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Cornell - Avg.SATII subject tests ?

collegesgirlcollegesgirl Posts: 614Registered User Member
edited November 2009 in Cornell University
What is the average, range of SAT II Subject Tests for Math1, Math2, US History, Biology E, Chemistry. Don't see the info on their site.

Thanks
Post edited by collegesgirl on

Replies to: Cornell - Avg.SATII subject tests ?

• HonorsCentaurHonorsCentaur Posts: 1,665Registered User Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure this information isn't released. In general though, you should shoot for 700+.
  • ttyl8ttyl8 Posts: 414Registered User Member
    A bit lower than MIT's =P
  • HonorsCentaurHonorsCentaur Posts: 1,665Registered User Senior Member
    ^yeah that's probably true. whatever
  • ananya77041ananya77041 Posts: 367- Member
    Everyone gets an 860 on every test. If you get anything less than 800, you're pretty screwed for college admissions. Just sayin.
  • countryangel926countryangel926 Posts: 1,213Registered User Senior Member
    lol.

I'd say 700+ is good, but scores in the 600s won't kill you. I got in with 640, 720, and 740. There are many other factors in admissions besides SAT II scores.
  • whitecadillacwhitecadillac Posts: 836Registered User Member
    ^cornell only requires 2 though right????
    Yeah, only 2. Sorry for the confusion. I took three to fulfill other schools' requirements...but even though Cornell only required 2, they did see all 3 of my scores.
  • whitecadillacwhitecadillac Posts: 836Registered User Member
    oh ok! thanks. :) but they only really consider your top two highest, right? so do you think these would be good enough for cornell? u.s. history - 710, literature - 730
  • collegesgirlcollegesgirl Posts: 614Registered User Member
    Thanks......do you have to send all scores or just the top ones.? Still waiting to see final scores..... 740 history.....wish I had taken after I finished the class, but had to do it this school year. Got 5 AP US History.

I wish they took AP scores over
    710 and 730 are perfectly fine :) i guess they only consider the highest two. i suspect it's like the SATs, where they don't officially consider your writing score but will see it anyway. (someone please correct me if i'm wrong!)