Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Chance me pleaseeeeee

2»

Replies to: Chance me pleaseeeeee

• HatshepsutHatshepsut Posts: 664Registered User Member
    I really don't think the SAT is going to kill you. You have amazing stats and shouldn't worry.

Sent from my iPhone using CC
  • isaac1112isaac1112 Posts: 171Registered User Junior Member
    yeah and when you apply to quest bridge you apply to the colleges at the same time and i dont know what to do because I can't take the SAT beforehand anytime because the first one is middle of October...

Yup doing SAT prep for sure thanks.
  • isaac1112isaac1112 Posts: 171Registered User Junior Member
    thanks StL and Hatshep for your encouragements and advices! I'll definitely be doing SAT prep with the books more.
  • cloudwatchcloudwatch Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
    isaac1112 - hey, korean male dartmouth '15 here. feel free to ask me any questions via messages.

i definitely agree with previous posters who've advised you to retake your sat 1 test, and to take more subject tests. try to aim for minimum 2200 for sat1 and 720 for sat 2's. not that scores will make/break your admissions, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have high scores on these tests nonetheless. i would also advise you to pick 2/3 activities from your myriad of ec activities and highlight how they've impacted who you are today.

if i had to say one last thing in terms of the college process in general... i think, at the bottomline, the most important thing that schools look for is character personality. it may seem like it'd be hard to tell from paper docs, but the adcoms are smart people there. i would even go on to say many have highly developed interpersonal intelligence too. so make sure you set about a way / standard / strategy / etc to present who you are to them.

oh, and one more thing. i disagree with dartmouth being a "match" school. not to delegitimize your exceptional achievements or anything, but i don't think a school with a 9.7% admissions rate can be considered a match school. also, it's not like they picked 9.7% out of a mediocre applicant pool.... it's 9.7% from an applicant pool filled with students who are already at the top of their respective schools. i'm saying this, because prior to this process, i held similar views with stl2cali2k1 about star students being able to categorize lower-tier ivies as matches. but, after going through this process and hearing stories from my peers, there is simply too much contingency involving your decision that it really is truly hard for anyone to safely assume a school, one that is as especially selective as dartmouth's, as a safety or even a match school. so with that said, take this to your head to use it as a greater motivation to work harder on your apps and your tests :)

also, regarding questbridge... i was a questbridge finalist so if you have any questions shoot me a pm or something. best of luck!
2»