Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Retake the SAT?

FluflaydepasFluflaydepas Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
Hello, in December 2016 I scored a 1540 on my SAT( 790 math, 750 english). I was planning on retaking the SAT in June, but I realized certain schools I am interested in (stanford, uc schools) require all scores to be sent in and I am concerned that I will do worse on the June SAT than I did in December. Should I still retake the SAT in June for the possible chance that I might score higher?

Replies to: Retake the SAT?

• FluflaydepasFluflaydepas Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    I should probably note that I've only been studying the SAT for a week and I have two more weeks to study because of AP tests (haha). For the December SAT I studied for months, so thats the reason I think I am going to do worse
  • HamlonHamlon Registered User Posts: 1,111 Senior Member
    Why would you retake a 1540?
  • NASA2014NASA2014 Registered User Posts: 1,917 Senior Member
    Why retake 1540?
    will scoring higher than a 1540 make any difference in admissions for top universities like stanford is what im really asking
  • billcshobillcsho Registered User Posts: 16,447 Senior Member
    The difference in admission chance would be very subtle if any. Have you taken SAT2? That may impact you more for the chance at Stanford. Unless you are aiming at merit scholarship at some top public schools, there is little reason to retake SAT for you.
    Yes I have taken SAT 2, but haven't received my scores yet. Thank you for your input
  • XCX0501XCX0501 Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    @Fluflaydepas I would advise against retaking the SAT. Your scores are excellent and fall within the middle 50% for Stanford.