Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

VIP Application at Drexel University

sushi cuttersushi cutter Posts: 238Registered User Junior Member
edited December 2009 in Drexel University
Did any of you get offered this application option? It states that no long essay or application fee is needed. I am filling out the app now and I am wondering if its binding, like early decision? (That would not be cool...)
Post edited by sushi cutter on

Replies to: VIP Application at Drexel University

• HottYankRemixHottYankRemix Posts: 105Registered User Junior Member
    haha I got that and St. John's and thought the same thing! I highly doubt it's binding. At my school you have to send out a transcript release form and you have to state ED/EA/RD. I think you're safe.
  • you'llsee...you'llsee... Posts: 4,535Registered User Senior Member
    yes, I got the email today. I emailed back asking if it was a form of EA or ED. I have not received a response yet; I will let you know when I do.
  • somnisomni Posts: 1,185Registered User Senior Member
    What's a VIP application? I got my application fee waived by a school. :)
  • dittoditto Posts: 35Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah, I got that email too and kind of wondered the same thing. I'll be glad to hear the answer when it comes, you'llsee!
  • NY_DemocratNY_Democrat Posts: 554Registered User Member
    I got the email too.

Does it mean anything? Will i actually get more scholarship consideration or whatever? Or is it just bs'ing me
    It seems to waive the essays too for the accelerated programs - is this true?

I'm prob going to do it just for fun, but I just want to be sure I can still do Yale SCEA
  • bossybossy Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    I just sent mine in. You still have to send in a transcript and SAT scores after you fill out the initial application.

NY_D: After I sent it in, I received an e-mail that said if you submit it by January, you're automatically considered for a $28,000 scholarship. They probably consider all the VIP applicants for scholarships.
    Hm I see.

Is it binding? BUmp
  • shy1520shy1520 Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    I doubt it's binding--it's really hard to accidentally bind to a college, they would need signatures of a guidance counselor, as well as yours and your parents.

I was just wondering for those who have applied this way, are the SAT scored and Transcript all they need? Or should I also get recommendations?

I have a teacher, but I'm still waiting on my counselor one...so it could take a while--so I hope we don't have to.
    yea, shy is right.

I haven't received and email back, but I'm pretty sure they would make it clear if this was binding.

I sent it today! Feels good to be done 1 application...haha, even though this was more like half an application...but whatev
  • Silverzc413Silverzc413 Posts: 460Registered User Member
    well even though the app itself is free...you still need to spend money sending scores, your transcript/counselor form
  • Sligh_AnarchistSligh_Anarchist Posts: 2,193Editor Senior Member
    I am actually holding this application in my lap right now; got it in the mail today. It looks convenient. I'll fill it out. ;)
    I just asked Yale - they said I can't apply with this application if i want to apply SCEA .... pfft >_< so tempting, ***, what a stupid rule, they allow me to apply to public rolling decisions whenever i want..
    ^ AH! are you serious?

please tell me you're lying?
    I called the admissions office at first and the receptionist said I could, but said he wasn't fully sure of the details of the policy and so told me to email my regional director, which I did. The regional director said
    ;
    Students who apply to Yale SCEA may NOT apply rolling decision to a private
    school during the fall months. As the policy states, we only allow SCEA
    students to apply rolling decision to public colleges/universities. I hope this
    helps clarify our policy.

Eh, if you're planning on apply Yale SCEA too I suggest calling their office and asking a few more times, I got a milllion contradicting responses from the admissions office about this. I don't think they really know what their own policy is. Otherwise I'm sure you can just retract your app if it's a prob