Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Minimum GpA and SAT required for Drexel?

ClawandliftfallClawandliftfall Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
edited May 2010 in Drexel University
Please source! I'm really stressed out.
Post edited by Clawandliftfall on

Replies to: Minimum GpA and SAT required for Drexel?

• pageturnerpageturner Posts: 776Registered User Member
    I don't think any school has an actual minimum. The scores are just part of the story. But if you look on CollegeBoard, you'll find the average individual SAT range is 540-670. Also, from that same site, note:
    Very important admission factors:

* Class Rank
    * Rigor of secondary school record
    * Standardized Test Scores
    * Academic GPA

Important admission factors:

* Character/Personal Qualities
    * Application Essay
    * Recommendations

Considered:

* Alumni Relation
    * Extracurricular Activities
    * Interview
    * Talent/Ability
    * Volunteer Work
    * Work Experience
    * First generation college student
    * Level of Applicant's Interest
  • PrecognitionPrecognition Posts: 150Registered User Junior Member
    Drexel University is a great school, but it's not highly selective. Their acceptance rate is 63%.

There is no minimum GPA or SAT score, but it is true that you need to have a certain GPA or SAT to be in a comfortable position for admission.

I was not a stellar high school student, have an accumulated unweighted GPA of 2.7 and SAT score of 1620 and was wait-listed.

My first semester, senior grades were pretty horrible, and if it wasn't for that I believe I would have been accepted.

That should tell you that you'd be in good position with at least a 3.0 and a 1700 SAT score, however those are not the only things that affect your admission.

Having a diverse background, strong record of community participation and a demonstrated interest in your intended major should all boost your chances for admission.