Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Robertson Results 2017

apollothearcherapollothearcher Posts: 12Registered User New Member
edited March 2013 in Duke University
So far, I haven't heard anything about anyone hearing from the Robertson people yet. This is a thread to post on if any 2017 kids hear anything!
Post edited by apollothearcher on

Replies to: Robertson Results 2017

• baddriverbaddriver Posts: 86Registered User Junior Member
    A Scholarship for Me, but What About My Friends? - NYTimes.com

just stumbled upon this today. I applied too, and I'm just guessing no active cc users got it?
    it was definitely shocking to find out that they came out a month ago. maybe that's just for international students?
  • choices222choices222 Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    I am not sure that people have been notified...

i saw this post recently on the Robertston site, I don't remember it there before:

Robertson Scholars: Homepage

also, the girl in the article talks about being nominated, and this year I thought was the first year that you didn't have to be nominated?
    she also mentions going through an interview, one which it appears to be with current robertson scholars. very confused by this, as the robertson website makes it clear that scholars are not chosen until after the weekend in april.
    Robertson Scholars: For International Students

turns out that there's a totally different process directing kids from African Leadership Academy into the scholars program. whoops.
  • apollothearcherapollothearcher Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    I was talking to one of the people on the Robertson committee via Facebook, and she said that all applicants will be notified of their application status by some time in early March. So that can mean any time from now to March. So far none of the people in the Duke ED 2017 group have said anything...so I don't think any decisions have been released. Yet.
  • lemming101lemming101 Posts: 330Registered User Member
    Reckon we'll hear this week??
    Probably haha...phone interviews are supposed to be March 6-8. I'm so nervous!!
  • lemming101lemming101 Posts: 330Registered User Member
    Me too. Wow that's soon...
    Reckon they're telling us if we don't get it. Could be awkward if I just keep waiting for the email :)
  • samantharockeysamantharockey Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    I just called, and the person there said that they'd be notifying everyone - semifinalist or not - starting tomorrow and through Friday.
    Oh my gosh! You are AWESOME! Thanks for doing that! I didn't want to be "that guy"...hahaha but thanks! Best of luck to you :)
  • SeriweSeriwe Posts: 287Registered User Junior Member
    Does anyone know, do they notify about Duke and UNC Chapel Hill separately, or will they send notification about the schools in one email together?
  • purpleacornpurpleacorn Posts: 1,340Registered User Senior Member
    I received a email notification earlier this evening about the Robertson (5:45 EST). For what it's worth, I applied to both schools, and the email was "for the Robertson Scholars Leadership Program at Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill." So they are coming out-- good luck, y'all. (:
  • SeriweSeriwe Posts: 287Registered User Junior Member
    Meh, my email only mentioned Chapel Hill. I assumed they would send notification about each school separately, but I guess not?
  • piedpilkopiedpilko Posts: 571Registered User Member
    Mine only mentioned Chapel Hill also