Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

possible major vs. sat II

ishinishin Posts: 7Registered User New Member
edited December 2004 in Duke University
My sat I score is 1530 (verbal 750, maths 780). i'm taking satII (math IIc, writing and physics) in january.... applying to a few ivy leagues and top universities. will it be problem if i select neuroscinece/neurobiology as a major when i apply?...since i'm not taking the sat II biology test... i took courses in biology from 9th to 12th grade...
Post edited by ishin on

Replies to: possible major vs. sat II

• chuckleybobchuckleybob Posts: 219Registered User Junior Member
    i dont think it's a big deal at all. There isnt really any reason for us listing our potential major. When I talked to an admissions officer, he said that 60% of applicants are undecided. I don't think it will affect your apps at all.
  • tealteal Posts: 875Registered User Member
    Not a problem. I've heard that it's better to take sat ii's that you will do better on than ones that you plan to major in. And you've taken biology classes, so that helps in showing why you're majoring in neuroscience