Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Duke Merit Scholarships

FightTheTide11FightTheTide11 Posts: 426Registered User Member
edited April 2010 in Duke University
Does Duke give out any merit scholarships that aren't full rides? (AB Duke, BN Duke, Trinity Scholars, University Scholars, etc.)
Post edited by FightTheTide11 on

Replies to: Duke Merit Scholarships

• eatsaloteatsalot Posts: 1,465Registered User Senior Member
    Nope. (10char)
  • ReticulumReticulum Posts: 173Registered User Junior Member
    Duke gives out several smaller scholarships that aren't necessarily merit based, you just kind of have to know where to find them. I got extremely lucky my first year when I auditioned for the Duke Symphony and found out there was a music scholarship available (not based on your performance skills). I just sent an e-mail and boom, another $10,000 I don't have to worry about.

I haven't heard of this happening to too many other people, so you'll really have to search for them once you get on campus. It's not impossible though!
  • asiandukiepookieasiandukiepookie Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    a lot of people get scholarships at Duke after matriculating.
  • asiandukiepookieasiandukiepookie Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    well...maybe not a lot, but some.
  • sba2008sba2008 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    What is required to get the music scholarship in additional to taking audition? What is your instrument?
  • factfinderfactfinder Posts: 8Registered User New Member
    Hi. I just got admitted to Duke and would double major in science and music. How do you like the music dept? I don't know a lot about it. I would be very involved in the choral part of the music dept. Would love your feedback. Thanks!
  • pozzolpozzol Posts: 75Registered User Junior Member
    Hi asiandukiepookie. Forgive my ignorance, but could you please explain. I am so nervous about all of this!! Thanks!
  • pozzolpozzol Posts: 75Registered User Junior Member
    Reticulum. Thanks for the info. Could you pleazzz send me info on this. Congratulations by the way.
    I have participated in chamber music ensembles for several years (piano). Is it too late to apply?? Email me personally if you prefer. I have been accepted to Duke, but I am waiting on FA before I can make my decision. Thanks for any help whatsoever.

pozzol
    Nervous in Italy