Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Financial Aid Awards

brian6ubrian6u Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2011 in Duquesne University
Anyone out there know when the university advises early admits of their financial aid package?
Post edited by brian6u on

Replies to: Financial Aid Awards

• 201126201126 Posts: 175Registered User Junior Member
    I applied early action if that is what you mean, and I got accepted in early January. They offered me $15,000 a year in merit aid. I'll get my full financial aid package later.
  • brian6ubrian6u Posts: 100Registered User Junior Member
    Received their aid package yesterday. Merit award was good (from last fall) at $12,000...but the aid portion was the lowest of all that we have received so far...and far lower than the aid received from other order-based colleges. Sadly, that takes them off the list for D3. Good luck to others...
  • adkdadadkdad Posts: 97Registered User Junior Member
    Is there a way to check on-line? If so, post the URL. Thanks.
  • saatiasaatia Posts: 26Registered User New Member
    Just so you know, Duquesne usually doesn't get the full financial aid package until almost the start of school. I usually get a few refund checks because different scholarships and things I am eligible for don't get added to my account until I'm in class. Not Duquesne's fault, exactly, but that's just how it works.
  • Lacy06Lacy06 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    What was your SAT or ACT score, if you don't mind sharing. I did not receive nearly that much from them....thinking about improving test scores to get more, but not sure if this could really get me a decent amount. Thanks!
  • erp1821erp1821 Posts: 47Registered User Junior Member
    I'm curious too how they determined the Merit $. Duquesne offered me less than most of the other schools I applied to.

Merit offer: 12K

GPA: 3.79 unweighted, 4.34 weighted
    Courses: 7 AP, 3 junior year (AP Scholar), 4 senior year, all honors, Latin
    Honor Societies: NHS, Mu Alpha Theta, Quill & Scroll, National Beta Club
    ACT: 30 composite/31 Superscore

Accepted into the 6-year DPT and honors college.
  • 201126201126 Posts: 175Registered User Junior Member
    hey lacy, i have a 3.3 weighted GPA and i got a 25 on the ACT. sorry it took me so long to reply