Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

info and a chance please!

sammimotsammimot Posts: 10Registered User New Member
I actually found out about Emerson from a thread on this site, and when I looked into it further, found that Emerson caters to my passion (writing) and provides pretty much everything I have been searching for in a school. I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of or experience with the writing, literature, and publishing facet of the school. How is it? Any info from a student, alum, or parent would be appreciated.

Also- chance me please!

- OOS
- SAT
critical reading: 700
math: 610 :(
writing: 740
(will retake though, hopefully improve math)
- GPA 3.7 unweighted, top 5% class
- 5 Dual Credit (no AP's offered at my school) classes through junior and senior years, as well as numerous honors-designated courses as an underclassmen
- incredibly diverse background (moved 22 times, lived in 12 states, attended 16 schools total, Hurricane Katrina survivor, daughter of a vet, adversity, etc. etc.), which I plan to incorporate into my essay.
-EC's have been somewhat disjointed as per all of the moving, but I have tennis, volunteering, and (unfortunately brief) leadership positions such as creative writing club president (although maybe I can use the "short-lived" aspect to my advantage. Maybe they will think it notable that I managed to rise to such positions so quickly, and despite the discouragement of relocation?
-ASU Walter Cronkite School of journalism summer program
- three poems published in Teen Ink Magazine (national) as well as having articles published in the community newspaper