Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Meal Plan

mgfammgfammgfammgfam Posts: 52Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2012 in Emory University
Hi, guys. I am pretty much confused about the meal plan at Emory. I do not know how good Emory's food is, and how the Dobbs Market Entries work? Can the meal swipe be used in anywhere on campus? or just specific areas? And, I cannot find operation hours of DUC or Woodruff Residential. Can anyone help me to figure it out? Thank you.
Post edited by mgfammgfam on

Replies to: Meal Plan

• aluminum_boataluminum_boat Posts: 1,426Registered User Senior Member
    DUC closes at 8PM and opens a couple hours later. As a Freshman, you have to get unlimited swipes (and you get 150 DD) so you don't really have much of a choice. You should be able to Google everything you want. If you need more help, let us know.
  • seiclanseiclan Posts: 4,179Registered User Senior Member
    Yeah, they took down the Fall semester dining hours and only have up the ones for this week.
  • mgfammgfammgfammgfam Posts: 52Registered User Junior Member
    @aluminum_boat, thanks a lot. Since I am a transfer student, I can choose one of the meal plans. Because my classes will be very condensed for the first three days in every week, I am afraid of that I will not have time to eat at DUC or Cox, thus the meal plan will not OK for me. Anyway, thank you very much.
  • mgfammgfammgfammgfam Posts: 52Registered User Junior Member
    @seiclan, really? Why? they should have enough funding to carry on...
  • chazsfchazsf Posts: 403Registered User Member
    Meal plans come with "swipes" and "dooley dollars". Freshmen can choose among the A, A+, K or K+ plans.

All of those offer unlimited "swipes", which are what is used at the DUC, and Woodruff and Clairmont (upperclass) dorms, and Canon Chapel.

The freshman plans also include "dooley dollars" that can be used everywhere else on campus. If you use them all up, you can switch to real dollars. If you don't use them all up, they are forfeit at the end of the school year.
  • aluminum_boataluminum_boat Posts: 1,426Registered User Senior Member
    As a transfer student, I'd go with the 550 Dooley Dollars plan. You can use them anywhere on campus so they're more flexible than meal swipes. + if you run out, then you can pump in eagle dollars (which are very similar to Dooley Dollars, except even more flexible). The only meal swipe place I go to (semi) regularly is the DUC, and you can just sneak into that if you wanted. If you're living at Clairmont, the SAAC takes meal swipes, though. But Id just buy some food and put it in the fridge. IDK, lots of choices but my advice is to go as cheap as possible and put in Eagle dollars when you need them.
  • peacefulmompeacefulmom Posts: 669Registered User Member
    Great advice from aluminum_boat. The food at Emory is marginal and you will be able to food shop and eat out. Good luck!