Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Fall Break

MathNutMathNut Posts: 10Registered User New Member
edited July 2010 in Emory University
More of a queestion for upperclassmen. Do most students stay on campus for Fall Break? It falls on Columbus Day weekend (Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue) and is the weekend before Parents Weekend. Just want to book my plane flights early if most students go home.
Post edited by MathNut on

Replies to: Fall Break

• bernie2012bernie2012 Posts: 614Registered User Member
    Yes, a great deal of students return home.
  • Colleges00701Colleges00701 Posts: 1,790- Senior Member
    Most kids go home during fall break, EVERYONE goes home for thanksgiving/winter/spring break. You would probably won't to go home during these breaks, because cox hall and the duc are closed, which means you are responsible for getting your own food.
  • dgeblldgebll Posts: 478Registered User Member
    Yes most students leave, but I stayed on campus 2 of the 4 fall breaks and had a great time. You end up meeting random people that you probably wouldn't know otherwise cause so many people leave. If you have a reason to stay (financial or otherwise), fall break can be a lot of fun, so don't worry about it. You can use the opportunity to explore atlanta, go shopping, etc. etc.
  • ch0iminych0iminy Posts: 190Registered User Junior Member
    Ugh, I'm not planning on going home during thanksgiving, since break is so short, and plane tickets are gonna expensive. I didnt know the duc was closed though. Haha