Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Emory Cheerleading?

elitesrbluecheerelitesrbluecheer Posts: 137Registered User Junior Member
edited August 2010 in Emory University
I am currently a senior and will be applying to Emory this year. Does anyone know anything about cheerleading at Emory? (Are they good, do they compete, etc.)
Post edited by elitesrbluecheer on

Replies to: Emory Cheerleading?

• dgeblldgebll Posts: 478Registered User Member
    A better question may be if Emory has a cheerleading team. I'm not sure that we do. I used to go to a lot of baseball, soccer, and basketball games, and I don't know that I ever saw cheerleaders.
  • skatz57skatz57 Posts: 24Registered User New Member
    There is a cheerleading team - its not a varsity sport, its a club sport. Im pretty certain they don't compete, although im not positive
  • dgeblldgebll Posts: 478Registered User Member
    Really? I had no idea.
  • emory2010emory2010 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    While there used to be a cheerleading team that cheered for the basketball games at Emory (back around 2002, 2003 ish), there is not official team anymore. There is a cheerleading club and I believe they cheer at various basketball games, but I'm almost positive they don't compete. Anyone who wants to cheer in the club can.
  • MattLeinartFanMattLeinartFan Posts: 185Registered User Junior Member
    I was just taking Orientation 101 quizzes and there apparently is a Cheerleading team. You can find out more information about it on the Emory Website