Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

whats the hardest engineering major?

protonproton Posts: 1,021Registered User Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Engineering Majors
what is the hardest engineering major and why
Post edited by proton on

Replies to: whats the hardest engineering major?

• augi7augi7 Posts: 61Registered User Junior Member
    That so depends on you. if you are bad at chem... then chemE is not for you...if you are bad at electricity & comp hardware...then ECE isnt for you. basically you question is too vague.

What are you good at and bad at?
  • protonproton Posts: 1,021Registered User Senior Member
    im just saying like which major is the hardest to learn... doesn't matter what your good or bad at.
  • im_blueim_blue Posts: 2,142Registered User Senior Member
    Most Engineering students would say EE or ChemE.
  • rtkysgrtkysg Posts: 598Registered User Member
    as im_blue said, it's normally EE or ChemE. I would also add Bioengineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering to the list.
  • polter93157polter93157 Posts: 767Registered User Member
    then what's the easiest?

which one is most in demand(in US)?
  • im_blueim_blue Posts: 2,142Registered User Senior Member
    Civil / Environmental is the easiest.
  • feifei Posts: 688. Member
    I don't think you should pick an engineering major by how easy it is...if you like electrical stuff go for EE....it might be a little harder than say CE but you are interested in it and would probably get more out of it.
  • TommyFebruaryTommyFebruary Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    How hard is mechanical engineering compared to other majors particularly Electrical?
  • hopkinslaxhopkinslax Posts: 893Registered User Member
    It depends on what you are good at...
    If you are good at trying to make a spring the right constant and then stretch it back far enough so that it would shoot far enough off a table to land in a canister that is a certain distance away from the table and that is hanging at the end of a rod with the other end weighted so that it would not fall when the canister has nothing in it but will fall at a certain speed when a ball is in it so that it passes an object accelerating at a certain rate to make the object spin the right speed so that another marble that is on this object will fall off of the object at the right angle so that it will hit a certain target so that once the object hits the target right on the dot, there will be enough of an impact so that the energy from that collision is used to make the target 'implode' thus pushing down on water that is located underneath this target so that the water will rise a certain amount in a tube which will make it overflow putting out a fire, then mechanical engineering is right for you :)
  • Marines920Marines920 Posts: 269Registered User Junior Member
    ^^ What he said

*faints*
  • protonproton Posts: 1,021Registered User Senior Member
    lol

lololol
  • thomaschauthomaschau Posts: 510Registered User Member
    Hell with that!

I think I'll go with Civil.

Make a thing with some rocks that pile up and don't fall down if you open a door or blow wind at it.
  • hopkinslaxhopkinslax Posts: 893Registered User Member
    Rereading that just made me very very confused!
    When I was typing it I just incorporated everything I learned from the mechanics portion of my physics class
  • Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,345CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
    it is without a doubt in my mind---> electrical and computer engineering, followed by chemical and biomedical
  • indie_boyindie_boy Posts: 556Registered User Member
    engineering physics and then computer engineering fo sure...
This discussion has been closed.