Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

do EE majors program a lot?

protonproton Posts: 1,021Registered User Senior Member
edited July 2008 in Engineering Majors
do EE majors program a lot?

throughout my undergraduate education i have only taken one programming class: c++ and have done some baby programming with matlab.

should i learn more programming? i say this because i feel like EE deals with technology and when i think of technology i think of programming. but come to think of it i have done very very little programming therefore i feel technologically malnourished.
Post edited by proton on

Replies to: do EE majors program a lot?

• easternboardereasternboarder Posts: 151Registered User Junior Member
    It depends on how you define 'technologically nourished.' If you're worried about having a functional knowledge programming for the workforce in general, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you're in EE and have the experience in programming that you have mentioned, then you'll probably be able to pick up programming without too much difficulty. As an EE major, in many signal processing courses, you'll be using MATLAB. And you'll use PSPICE and VHDL to simulate circuits in classes related to circuits and computer logic. Bottom line: learning to program itself isn't too hard compared to being able to apply it to solve problems--part of that skill comes with experience and practice.