Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

UCF or UF or Other for computer electrical engineering?

gpowsanggpowsang Posts: 833Registered User Member
edited August 2008 in Engineering Majors
UCF or UF or Other for computer electrical engineering?

I want....no..i NEED your help in finding out which would be best for me if i want to study computer/electrical engineering.

And are there any other good computer/electrical engineering schools in state or AFFORDABLE out-of-state options?

THANKS
Post edited by gpowsang on

Replies to: UCF or UF or Other for computer electrical engineering?

• rogracerrogracer Posts: 1,204Registered User Senior Member
    UF has significantly stronger EECE offerings, but UCF is a good school for those programs...especially for computer science. If you are in-state, it is going to be hard to find anything that will offer the value of those schools.
  • gthopefulgthopeful Posts: 1,828Registered User Senior Member
    I graduated from UF ECE. I would recommend it to anyone looking to do ECE that's looking to do it in Florida.
  • gpowsanggpowsang Posts: 833Registered User Member
    rogracer: So your saying that UF is the better of the two, but that UCF is really good nontheless?

gthopeful: Wait, so u graduated with a combined major in Comp and Elec engineering?

Also, would you guys consider UCF as the bset backupp for someone that didnt make it into UF?
  • ElectricTechElectricTech Posts: 882Registered User Member
    UCF would be the next best choice if you don't get into UF.
    gthopeful: Wait, so u graduated with a combined major in Comp and Elec engineering?

Also, would you guys consider UCF as the bset backupp for someone that didnt make it into UF?

No, the department is just called ECE. I got a major in Electrical but that is only a few classes away from a Computer degree here. If you didn't make it into UF (I guess the class size reduction makes admissions more competitive now), UCF would definitely be your best bet.
  • gpowsanggpowsang Posts: 833Registered User Member
    thanks to all for replying

but one quik question

aside from the regular admissino, extra curricuars, leadership positions, hundreds of service hours, IS THER anything else i can do to increase my chances of getting into UF like maybe schedule of interview? wait....do they offer interviews?
    UF gets like 20k applicants a year. I doubt they would offer interviews.