Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

GPA for grad school

lifeistough306lifeistough306 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
edited February 2010 in Engineering Majors
Hello there.
Im going to Cal Poly SLO for EE. My GPA right now is 2.89. I know my GPA is low but I still want to go to grad school. Im not interested in going to a CSU ( undergrad enough for me).
I can go out of state too . I don't mind private or public . Please list some .
Which school should I apply?

Right now: I have two internships, gonna start my senior thesis soon( 1 year thesis)
Im going to take GRE this Spring.

Thank you
Post edited by lifeistough306 on

Replies to: GPA for grad school

• flemmydflemmyd Posts: 525Registered User Member
    you are on the border line. most grad programs require a 3.0 for admission. if anyone lets you in with less than a 3.0, you'll probly have to take some deficiency courses or need some stellar letter of recs. do you want to study EE or some other related field?

note: do you want a masters or a phd? if its a phd, try asking about programs from whoever is supervising your senior thesis. you might have to go to a masters prgoram (pay yourself) and build up a good record there before you can move to a phd program.
  • lifeistough306lifeistough306 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    I want to go for master only. Either Electrical, COmputer or Biomedical engineering. I think the highest I can raise ist 3.1 because It hard to be on the top of upper courses. Im not interested in PhD.Im ready to pay myself with such GPA. I see a lot of school has minimum requirement 2.5 or 2.7.
  • boneh3adboneh3ad Posts: 5,379Registered User Senior Member
    Most have a flexible cutoff around 3.0, and some higher level programs have a flexible cutoff at about 3.3 or 3.5, not 2.5-2.7