Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Which to file first -CCS Profile or FAFSA

splat11splat11 Posts: 293Registered User Junior Member
We filed both last year and if I remember correctly one of them could do a print out to make it easier to file out the other. I just don't know which one it was. We'll be doing them both at the same time frame (kid's second year)

Thanks
Post edited by splat11 on

Replies to: Which to file first -CCS Profile or FAFSA

• UT84321UT84321 Posts: 1,118Registered User Senior Member
    You can do the PROFILE now, based on estimated 2010 numbers, but the FAFSA does not go live until Jan 1, IIRC. The FAFSA is probably the easier form to do first, however, because it mirrors your tax return more; PROFILE asks for more stuff.
  • splat11splat11 Posts: 293Registered User Junior Member
    We'll be filing both in February using 2010 numbers. It is just that one will print out a sheet that helps to fill out the other.
  • OlymomOlymom Posts: 1,686Registered User Senior Member
    Check your college's requirement list carefully. We needed to do the Profile for the first year but afterwards there was a specific college form (ie, not the Profile) that was required in addition to the FAFSA.
  • splat11splat11 Posts: 293Registered User Junior Member
    I need to fill both out per the school. Anyone with an idea?
  • sybbie719sybbie719 Posts: 16,459Super Moderator Senior Member
    You cannot fill out the FAFSA until January 1. when you finish the FAFSA you can print out your fafsa to use some of the information for the profile