Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

FAFSA website down

Zoidberg93Zoidberg93 Posts: 578Registered User Member
edited February 2011 in Financial Aid & Scholarships
is it not working for anyone else.....?
Post edited by Zoidberg93 on

Replies to: FAFSA website down

• LiberalisLiberalis Posts: 25Registered User New Member
    Same problem here.... I already filed the CSS but not FAFSA...
  • bchan1bchan1 Posts: 793Registered User Member
    Had the same problem a few days ago...I don't think all of the new changes are going so smoothly. Also, I would not trust the "Link to IRS" to get my information filed on time.
  • snow1234snow1234 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    I cannot get past the login page without getting an error that the page cannot load. Hope it's fixed by tomorrow...
  • physicsnut1physicsnut1 Posts: 738Registered User Member
    ^I had the same problem earlier this afternoon. I restarted the computer just for fun and it worked.... worth a shot but obviously not a guarantee. Best of luck.
  • teachandmomteachandmom Posts: 1,211Registered User Senior Member
    Yes, I was trying to make corrections at 8:20pm EST, and I got in, began my corrections, and then nothing would save or progress. Argh! Very frustrating with Feb. coming! I hope this isn't going to be a trend.
  • kelsmomkelsmom Posts: 12,295Super Moderator Senior Member
    Are you using Explorer? It seems to work best with IE for the browser.
  • politicaltntpoliticaltnt Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    It's down right now too.
  • johanmojohanmo Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    Was just about to start a thread on this. I started it but I was waiting for my parents to officially file their taxes today and the sites down, does anyone know if the February 1st deadline is midnight on Feb. 1st (end of today) or at 11:59 pm on Feb. 1st (end of tomorrow)?
  • imi1928imi1928 Posts: 300Registered User Member
    Yeah, same here. Im freaking out kinda. I need to actually start it, not just make corrections. I hope its up soon....as in now.
    Just tried to login again and successfully got it! :)
    Just an update, successfully filled out all my info but when it came to actually submitting the document, it logged me out! What a bummer!
  • retroladyretrolady Posts: 65Registered User Junior Member
    For the school I called the deadline is 2/1, I asked the same thing, thinking I had til the end of tomm, but was told had to file by midnight tonite in their timezone, which is 11pm for me. Just finished, keep trying.
  • lhopex3lhopex3 Posts: 2Registered User New Member
    In my timezone I have two hours to go and FAFSA is not working. What happens if FAFSA is still down at that time? This is not good.........
  • harsh121harsh121 Posts: 17Registered User New Member
    FAFSA needs to buckle down and fix this mess AHHHHHH.

Hey retro - exactly what school are you talking about?
  • retroladyretrolady Posts: 65Registered User Junior Member
    Univ of Rochester