Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Cal Grant School Change

shawnspearsshawnspears Posts: 1Registered User New Member
I was awarded Cal Grant A, which is currently on hold, however it says that my school of attendance is Cal Poly. Considering I was not accepted for admission to Cal Poly (which is incredibly encouraging), and am still waiting on the UCs, will changing my school of attendance to one of the UCs change my award status so that I am no longer qualified? Or am I given the Cal Grant regardless of my school choice? Will this affect the amount of money I receive (because it varies between CSUs and UCs)?
Post edited by shawnspears on

Replies to: Cal Grant School Change

• KenderKender Posts: 1,114Registered User Senior Member
    Cal Grant eligibility is based attending a participating California school, income and asset ceilings, and GPA (among the obvious residency requirements, of course). Since the UCs are participating California schools, there is no issue. You would still qualify for Cal Grant.

And yes, the award amount is different between the CSUs and the UCs. You receive more grant aid with the UCs because they have higher systemwide fees than the CSUs have.

Just change the school listed when you know which one you will be attending. You won't lose your Cal Grant qualification (as long as it's a participating California school, of course).