Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What do Scholarships pay for?

newsperrysnewsperrys Posts: 66Registered User Junior Member
what do college scholarships pay for? is it unmet aid only? for example, if i was excepted to a college that gave me full tuition, but I had already won a few scholarships, what would happen to that money?

some of the scholarships that I have in mind are...
bill gates
wall-mart
questbridge

please help me add to this list and give me a little bit of guidance. while i consider myself relatively aware of admissions practices, the actual act of paying for college is an enigma to me.

thanks
Post edited by newsperrys on

Replies to: What do Scholarships pay for?

• happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 18,799Registered User Senior Member
    Each scholarship indicates clearly what is covered. You need to read through each website carefully to figure it out.
  • newsperrysnewsperrys Posts: 66Registered User Junior Member
    do you have any advice on where to look for scholarships? that fastweb website doesn't really work well...
  • bluehorsebluehorse Posts: 15Registered User New Member
    I don't know about the other two, but the QuestBridge Scholarship is for low-income students and the money comes from the college itself, so would not be in addition to money received from the school.