Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Tylenol Scholarship 2011

bcwm23bcwm23 Posts: 37Registered User Junior Member
Hi! I applied to the Tylenol Scholarship this year and I was wondering if any one heard about the semi finalists? I know it's supposed to be in June, I am just getting antsy.
Post edited by bcwm23 on

Replies to: Tylenol Scholarship 2011

• bayezidbayezid Posts: 80Registered User Junior Member
    Yea, so did I, but it's been less than a week, give it some time. Although, I have been checking my spam daily, haha.

Gluck to you.

In the meantime, let's share something about ourselves and career plans.

Thinking about MD/Phd or PhD in neuroscience/psychology.
    I am in love w/ Game of Thrones right now.
  • bcwm23bcwm23 Posts: 37Registered User Junior Member
    hahah I know it's only been a week, sorry im just anxious haha

I want to be a pediatric physical therapist, so im in a 6 year doctorate program right now.
    On the website, it says : Award recipients announced: August 15, 2011

I don't know how far ahead of time, though, they'll let the winners know.
  • xpeachpleasurexxpeachpleasurex Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    In 2009, I was selected as a semi-finalist. I submitted my application on the last day that it was due-- Friday, May 15, 2009 and received email notification that I was a semi-finalist on Wednesday, May 20, 2009. Only 5 full days after, 2 business days after! I ended up not receiving the scholarship.

I applied this year but haven't received any sort of notification yet. Not sure if I just didn't make the cut or if they have already sent out semi-finalist notifications. Since I received semi-finalist notification quite soon in 2009, I assume that Tylenol would have sent out notifications already. Has anyone received notification?
    Wait, why did you end up not receiving the scholarship at 2009? Weren't you a semi-finalist? Well 5 days was a couple of days back, so I guess we're screwed. Ugh, I'd really like some sort of funding/scholarship.

Peach, are you still in the same situation you were in 2009 ( undergrad, professional school, grad school)?
  • bcwm23bcwm23 Posts: 37Registered User Junior Member
    just because you are a semi-finalist doesnt mean that you get picked. Oh man i really wish I was a semi-finalist :( my stats were good though but i guess there were people with a lot of better stats hahah
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Posts: 57,746Registered User Senior Member
    I submitted my application on the last day that it was due-- Friday, May 15, 2009 and received email notification that I was a semi-finalist on Wednesday, May 20, 2009. Only 5 full days after, 2 business days after! I ended up not receiving the scholarship.

Did you submit your transcript after being named a semi-finalist? if so, did you have top grades?
    Oh snap, I thought semi-finalist meant that they at least get the $5000. Haha, man, my ego has been taking a beating these past few years, and I'm still not jaded enough not to feel a growing despair. I really needed something to look forward to.

Good luck to anyone who gets semi-finalist. And I wish you best of luck in makin' it rain.
    Anyone receive anything? Any sort of notification?
  • huybemehuybeme Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    I just got a Semifinalist notification email today. I also submitted on the last day (May 27).
    Good luck to everyone waiting!
    congrats!

what year are you? What is your major? What are your stats?

Did they ask you to send an academic transcript?
  • huybemehuybeme Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    I'm a first year medical student with a pass-fail curriculum. They did ask for my transcript, but it's just going to have a bunch of P's, so I don't think it'll help much...
    ^^^

I didn't know that med students could apply...that's interesting. I thought only rising soph, jr, sr students could apply.

I wonder if they're notifying the med students first? Or maybe you're in a different scholarship group.

edited to add...I found this...

•Must have completed at least one year of undergraduate or graduate course of study by the Spring of 2011 at an accredited two or four year college, university or vocational/technical school

•Must be able to provide proof of enrollment to a public health/health education, med school, nursing and/or pharmacy degree program

•Must have one or more years of school remaining

:)
  • SNPCracklePopSNPCracklePop Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    Congrats huybeme! Still waiting/hoping for an email.
  • panthernationpanthernation Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    congrats huybeme!! still waiting also..
This discussion has been closed.