Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Got accepted into a university and now what?

mimematimimemati Posts: 3Registered User New Member
I'm the first one to attend college in my family so I don't really have anyone to ask and my friends are confused as I am.

I got accepted into UCR and plan on attending there.

I also got grants +federal aid+ loans but what must I do from there?

Do I have to turn in some documents in order to get grants and loans?

I'm so confused..

Thanks in advance
Post edited by mimemati on

Replies to: Got accepted into a university and now what?

• 'rentof2'rentof2 Posts: 4,327Registered User Senior Member
    You should call the financial aid office at UCR and ask them. There is a process you go through to get the loans, a sort of orientation and agreement to pay them back, etc. This in something you do online, but your college's financial aid office will explain it to you. You also may need to formally "accept" those grants. This varies from school to school; at some they just assume you're accepting them unless you tell them otherwise, at some you need to let them know by a certain deadline or they'll award the money or workstudy funds to another student who is standing by in need of aid.

So call them and ask what is required of you now with regard to your financial aid award. They are used to working with new students who don't really know how the process works yet, and they will help you.