College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
I have a few questions about the FAFSA form and CSS, and I'm sure anyone could easily tell that I really don't know anything about either of them:
1. if im starting college fall of 2012, do i fill out the 2011-2012 form or the 2012-2013 form?
2. im supposed to list the colleges applying to on the FAFSA form, so i guess this is a stupid question but if I still don't know which colleges I want to apply to, I can't fill out the FAFSA?
3. a. after I send the FAFSA form what happens? as far as I know, I get a thing called the SAR and do the colleges I listed on the form get a copy of the SAR too?
3. b. so I don't actually send the FAFSA to the colleges?
4. another stupid question: is the form found on Home - FAFSA on the Web-Federal Student Aid
1. what is the point of this if im filling out FAFSA? what's the difference between FAFSA and CSS?
2. there seems to be a limited number of schools that take this form? so if the college im applying to isn't on the CollegeBoard list of colleges that participates in the CSS process, i don't need to fill it out?
3. the CSS is not a free form?