College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
I have a few questions about the FAFSA form and CSS, and I'm sure anyone could easily tell that I really don't know anything about either of them:
1. if im starting college fall of 2012, do i fill out the 2011-2012 form or the 2012-2013 form?
2. im supposed to list the colleges applying to on the FAFSA form, so i guess this is a stupid question but if I still don't know which colleges I want to apply to, I can't fill out the FAFSA?
3. a. after I send the FAFSA form what happens? as far as I know, I get a thing called the SAR and do the colleges I listed on the form get a copy of the SAR too?
3. b. so I don't actually send the FAFSA to the colleges?
4. another stupid question: is the form found on Home - FAFSA on the Web-Federal Student Aid
1. what is the point of this if im filling out FAFSA? what's the difference between FAFSA and CSS?
2. there seems to be a limited number of schools that take this form? so if the college im applying to isn't on the CollegeBoard list of colleges that participates in the CSS process, i don't need to fill it out?
3. the CSS is not a free form?