Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Do you apply for scholarships before or after applying to school?

Sportygirl92Sportygirl92 Posts: 46Registered User Junior Member
I'm filling out the application for my chosen university but I'm wondering when I should fill out scholarships. Do you have to be accepted into a school to apply? Please and thanks for ALL help.
Post edited by Sportygirl92 on

Replies to: Do you apply for scholarships before or after applying to school?

• DeadSupraDeadSupra Posts: 79Registered User Junior Member
    Tell me which scholarships you ate thinking of applying for and by the time you figure it out, I'll be one scholarship richer...

No offense. In this economy, you should be more aggressive...
  • fishymomfishymom Posts: 1,849Registered User Senior Member
    Scholarships have different deadlines, so you need to look at the specific scholarships you are eligible for and submit by their deadline. From another thread, I see that you are homeschooled. For local scholarship information, search your school district's website, most maintain a database of local and regional scholarships. Also, most high school guidance offices have a file with local scholarship applications. My daughter's high school also has a newsletter on their website that lists scholarships with upcoming deadlines. One thing to be aware of, most local and regional scholarships are for first year only.