Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

GPA Requirement for Student Loans

Replies to: GPA Requirement for Student Loans

• sk8rmomsk8rmom Posts: 5,746Registered User Senior Member
    There are already standards in place for measuring SAP and most reputable colleges have academic standards that would preclude students from remaining in school after failing to meet probationary criteria so I don't see what the point of this debate is. There are other measures that I think would be more useful and prudent, such as reducing the number of semesters of eligibility for Pell grants. Perhaps additional monitoring/standards need to be implemented in the for-profit sector which seems to produce an inordinate amount of student loans and defaults.
  • kayfkayf Posts: 4,161Registered User Senior Member
    Perhaps additional monitoring/standards need to be implemented in the for-profit sector which seems to produce an inordinate amount of student loans and defaults.

This. And I think COA should not include living expenses for online schools.