Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

CSS Profile Mistake

MetricalMetrical Posts: 372Registered User Member
Hello everyone. Quick question: I submitted my CSS profile for EA and used my 2010 form to estimate the totals and answer the questions on the form. I indicated that we will file the 1040A form, as we did in 2010, but after I made the numerical corrections and sent out the profile to other schools (RD) I realized that we filed the 1040 form this year instead. Will this make a difference providing all the FAFSA and IDOC information is correct? Or do I need to contact my schools?
Post edited by Metrical on

Replies to: CSS Profile Mistake

• crazymomstercrazymomster Posts: 1,872Registered User Senior Member
    I did not see the ability to change that information on the CSS, as we had some new data to submit as well. I don't know the answer to your question, as I know the 1040A means something different than the 1040, so that may impact the FA process.
  • MetricalMetrical Posts: 372Registered User Member
    So would you suggest for me to contact the universities and ask them whether the rest of the financial aid documents I will send would clear up any problems, or if I should submit a whole new CSS profile?