Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

trying to find help with paying for college

lostgirl88lostgirl88 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
Im trying to find ways or scholarships to help me pay for school. Im not sure where to look or what to look for. My dad was killed when i was a baby and my mom went to prison, like many people who have had bad childhoods and disadvantages i need help, isnt there some kind of help i can get using my past. they have a 9/11 fund what about those of us who have had bad things happen to us like my father being killed and me being abandoned..i dont meann to sound selfish i just dont know how to find help so i can better myself and my future.
Post edited by lostgirl88 on

Replies to: trying to find help with paying for college

• WaverlyWaverly Posts: 2,669Registered User Senior Member
    Have you applied to colleges? The colleges themselves offer the most help. How are your grades and scores?
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse Posts: 22,705Registered User Senior Member
    In what state do you live? Have you done some research on colleges? Have you started the process yet? What year in high school are you? Have you spoken to your high school counselor about this?
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Posts: 57,840Registered User Senior Member
    Who has custody of you? Your mom? Someone else?

Are you a senior?

What state are you in?

What are your stats?