Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Scholarships for 8th graders?

WTylerLWTylerL Posts: 29Registered User New Member
I know this sounds quite ridiculous, but, could you apply for some scholarships in the 8/9th grade? I made a 25 on my ACT and I have maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout my life. Alot of my local schools offer scholarships to anyone making over 25. I was just wondering if you could even get scholarships at this time. Thanks.
Post edited by WTylerL on

Replies to: Scholarships for 8th graders?

• thumper1thumper1 Posts: 37,705Registered User Senior Member
    Most of those local scholarships are probably for high school seniors heading to college.

I would suggest that you continue to study, maintain good grades, and retake the ACT/SAT as a 25 really isn't all that strong a score. You will need to improve upon that to be competitive for scholarships as a high school senior ...but you are off to a good start.

Just curious, why did you take the ACT now?
  • WTylerLWTylerL Posts: 29Registered User New Member
    Umm. I just wanted to take it to see really how the test went, ect. I did okay, I will most definitely take it again as a junior/senior after I finish my math. I was reading, and it stated 25 was pretty decent for an 8th grader. My goal is to eventually make a 30+.
  • GreenTeaRulesGreenTeaRules Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    There are a few programs out there that might interest you:

1) The National Geographic Bee is a contest that awards winners $10,000. However, your school needs to apply and there must be at least 6 members from each school to be eligible.

2) Eco-Hero Awards - Action For Nature is a scholarship for those that are environmentally conscience. Win up to $500 in cash prizes, public recognition and a certificate if you impress the judges.

3) Kohl's Cares® Scholarship Program awards over 2,200 students between the ages of 6 and 18 scholarships given that you're active in community service.

You can find a great wealth of scholarship info by visiting this link: Scholarships for Children Under Age 13 (some of the info listed above come from this site). And if interested in locating easy scholarships EasyScholarshipsNow.com is a good place to check out.

Congrats on such a good score on the ACT!