Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Help: Submitted FAFSA too early

jumpin95jumpin95 Posts: 14Registered User New Member
Hey guys, I guess you can all say I am an idiot... but here's my situation:

I was extremely affected by Hurricane Sandy and have not had power for 10 days. As an ED applicant, I rushed to complete my FAFSA and submitted a 2012-2013 form when I should have submitted a 2013-2014 form.

What should I do?
Post edited by jumpin95 on

Replies to: Help: Submitted FAFSA too early

• happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 21,042Registered User Senior Member
    You can't submit the 2013-2014 form until January 1, 2013 because it won't be available online until then. Don't worry about this.
  • swimcatsmomswimcatsmom Posts: 15,206Registered User Senior Member
    It's not a big deal. Nothing will happen with the FAFSA you have submitted as you are not in school in the current school year. Just make sure you submit the 2013-2014 FAFSA early when it becomes available in January. Your personal (not financial) data that you entered in this years FAFSA can be used to populate your 2013-2014 FAFSA.
  • jumpin95jumpin95 Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    Okay, good, phew i thought i was doomed for not following proper instructions.
  • thumper1thumper1 Posts: 42,822Registered User Senior Member
    Did you have any other forms to submit for the ED consideration? A school form or the Profile?