Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

CSS Profile - Parents Business Asset question

wxman999wxman999 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
My wife has a small side job where she receives a 1099 misc and we report on schedule c. By the definition on CSS Profile, she is not self-employed as the majority of her income is from job where she receives a W2. Howerver, question is do we still have to fill out business assets section of CSS Profile even though she is not considered to be self-employed?
Post edited by wxman999 on

Replies to: CSS Profile - Parents Business Asset question

• SnowdogSnowdog Posts: 1,420Registered User Senior Member
    I would say no. She does a little bit of work for contract - there are no business assets. She only has to report the income.
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Posts: 57,769Registered User Senior Member
    She has to report the income from it...and be aware that CSS Profile often "adds back in" some business deductions.
  • thumper1thumper1 Posts: 32,477Registered User Senior Member
    I also have 1099 income. It is a small amount of contract work. I do not own a business. My husband does the same. This income is included in our adjusted gross income. We do not do a schedule as business owners...do we don't have "business expenses".