Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Easiest scholarships

HanSolo7000HanSolo7000 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
edited February 2006 in Financial Aid & Scholarships
To be honest, I don't get the best grades. I was hoping that we could get a list of all the scholarships that are "easy" to get money. I need all I can get.
Post edited by HanSolo7000 on

Replies to: Easiest scholarships

• kbfunkymonkeykbfunkymonkey Posts: 366Registered User Member
    there really are not any "easy" scholarships....unless your a minority : /

if you want a better chance to win some money....i recommend finding a scholarship that not many ppl apply for to increase your odds....if you dont make great grades, the best thing is find a scholarship that doesnt award a lot and requires an essay....your probalby thinkin "thats not easy"....but its the best chance to get any money becasue a lot of people dont fill out the scholarship that require an essay and dont pay a lot
  • pgedufailedmepgedufailedme Posts: 471Registered User Junior Member
    You can also look for scholarships that require students' GPA to fall under a maximum that they've set, like I've seen some that say 3.0 and below. Or you could apply to those where community service or other categories are the focus and not grades
  • El1jahEl1jah Posts: 134Registered User Junior Member
    local scholarships are the way to go
  • steviesteve007steviesteve007 Posts: 140Registered User Junior Member
    Here is one not many folks know about

[url]http://www.n***.org/jakes/xtreme/scholarships.html[/url]

*** = the initials for wild turkey foundation which also stands for something else that i think the board censors.
  • HanSolo7000HanSolo7000 Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    w-t-f-, lol I just got that.

Thanks for that link anyways.

-Also the suggestion to go local is really smart, I never would have thought of that!

I've mainly been doing online investigations.

So far I've been to www.Fafsa.com , fastweb, and www.progressingreward.com ...

The financial aid office is not really helping me either.
  • eruannetheruanneth Posts: 281Registered User Junior Member
    don't go to fafsa.com! apparently it's a ripoff--at least that's what a financial aid rep from a local college said at this talk she gave at our school. i think you have to end up paying something...

good luck w/ the scholarships.
  • estrella72estrella72 Posts: 368Registered User Member
    I went to that Turkey one, but I don't think that'd be a good one for me, I hate hunting haha. I still haven't won ANY scholarships and i have applied for quite a few.
  • steviesteve007steviesteve007 Posts: 140Registered User Junior Member
    Ok here is one way to find the local ones.

Google your county or city name and scholarship.

I the search results you will find a lot of junk but also people who have won scholarships. Most often local because the local folks want to get the pub.

Now that you have the name of a winner and the scholarship name search on the scholarship name.

Often you will get local school web sites with links to other local scholarships.

You want to win something you have to think out of the box. And great grades and top drawer sat scores with ec's help too.

Goodle you school name a scholarship too.
    Thank you for this method, I think local is the way to go! While I've had some luck with internet, this seems much more lucrative.
  • worrywartworrywart Posts: 1,778Registered User Senior Member
    There is also a book called something like "Scholarships for B Students". I read through it just last week. Many of the scholarships are for those who attend certain colleges like Clemson, but others are for those pursuing particular majors.
    WHOA, that would be perfect! I am gonna look on amazon.com for one.