College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM
Hi! First time doing my FAFSA and had some trouble answering yes or no, parents don't understand any of this so..
Currently I'm on the Parent Tax Information portion and it's asking:
1. Did either or both parents file as Married Filing Separately?
2. Did either or both parents file as Head of Household?
3. Did you, the parents, file an amended tax return?
4. Did you, the parents, file a Puerto Rican or foreign tax return?
5. Did you, the parents, file taxes electronically in the last 3 weeks (or by mail in the last 8 weeks)?
1. I'm not sure what this means, but on my parents 'Individual Income Tax Return', on the Filing Status: Married filing jointly (even if only one had income). Is this yes or no?
2. On the tax return, their Filing Status does not have the Head of Household checked.
3. I don't believe they made any changes.
4. Pretty sure they didn't do this.
5. They did they taxes with some small firm on the computer?