Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

...what? My FAFSA IS GONE.

MarioleeMariolee Posts: 182Registered User Junior Member
Am I overreacting? Am I going crazy? I did my FAFSA for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year and had the PIN and everything and finished it back in January. After not hearing back from the FAFSA guys in a few months, I checked today and logged in and they said there was NO PIN ON THIS RECORD. WHAT. What sucks even more is that I saved all my FAFSA data on my old laptop and the charger is broken and I don't know if it's fixable, plus the FAFSA contacts are down until Monday.

What happened!?
Post edited by Mariolee on

Replies to: ...what? My FAFSA IS GONE.

• happymomof1happymomof1 Posts: 19,630Registered User Senior Member
    Did you log in properly? If you misspelled your name, or got your birthdate off by one day, etc. the system will think that you are a different person and no records will show.
  • MarioleeMariolee Posts: 182Registered User Junior Member
    Positive, because you have to put your social security number in there too.
    Also, I fixed my laptop finally and found the FAFSA confirmation so I'm going to bring it up with them on Monday. Hopefully this doesn't screw with my financial aid stuff. :(

Anyone have any other ideas why this would happen?
  • kelsmomkelsmom Posts: 12,626Super Moderator Senior Member
    You would not have a successfully-processed FAFSA without a confirmed PIN. Do you have a Student Aid Report with an EFC? If so, you do have a good PIN. I am not quite sure what you are seeing ... can you cut & paste the message you are getting regarding your PIN, and tell me where exactly you see that message (such as, when you first try to sign in ...)?
  • MarioleeMariolee Posts: 182Registered User Junior Member
    Never mind, it's been brought up again. That was...bizarre.