Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

SAT scholarships?

Dat DudeDat Dude Posts: 101Registered User Junior Member
Are there any merit scholarships based entirely on your SAT I or SAT II scores???

If so, how much money could you possibly receive?
Post edited by Dat Dude on

Replies to: SAT scholarships?

• WMF1125WMF1125 Posts: 388Registered User Member
    Only the university you are planning to attend would award you for any kind of academic merit. Your eligibility for their scholarship awards will be based on your SAT scores, math and verbal composite, and perhaps many other factors.

I have never heard of any scholarship organization offering money to students just because they "excel" at the SAT's or meet a certain requirement, only American universities.

No, and I doubt that you will receive any money for your SAT II scores, that will only help you gain admissions into the college.
  • thumper1thumper1 Posts: 37,018Registered User Senior Member
    Do a google search

Scholarship+ SAT 1200

or whatever your combined CR/Math score is. You'll get at least a few hits. Also some school websites give this information, and yes, some scholarships are based on SAT scores, although most are a combination of SAT score and class rank/gpa.
  • myheartisinohiomyheartisinohio Posts: 375Registered User Member
    ohio univ.-athens gives auto scholarships based on sat I or ACT scores