Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chances of Getting Regents Scholarship to UC Davis... HELP!!!

fyrcracker4everfyrcracker4ever Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
I have a good GPA of a 4.0 and have taken multiple classes at the local universities and colleges and play a few sports. I just need to know what a good ACT score or SAT score would be to put me in the top 5% of applicants for the scholarship. Do you think a 32 would be good enough? Or should I retest for a 33-35 ACT? Should I do more in the community or would a few sports and dual credit courses be enough to set me apart? I appreciate all the help!

Replies to: Chances of Getting Regents Scholarship to UC Davis... HELP!!!

• thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,122 Senior Member
    Are you instate for CA?
  • GumbymomGumbymom Registered User Posts: 18,822 Senior Member
    UCD Regents has no specific test scores/GPA, EC's or community service requirements. Usually recipients are in the top 1-2% of all applicants, are active in their community and have leadership. Basically there is no magic formula, so strive to be you, apply and hope for the best.
  • fyrcracker4everfyrcracker4ever Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes I'm instate California.
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Registered User Posts: 82,437 Senior Member
    <<<
    Do you think a 32 would be good enough? Or should I retest for a 33-35 ACT? Should I do more in the community or would a few sports and dual credit courses be enough to set me ap
    >>>

I doubt a 32 would be high enough.