Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

scholarship

papyb.papyb. Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
hello everyone , i am an asylee and i'm looking for scholarship for my accounting certification. thanks

Replies to: scholarship

• thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 62,681 Senior Member
    Not enough information....at all. Are you in college already? Do you have parents? How old are you? How long have you been here?

What college are you attending?

What were your HS grades and standardized test scores? Did you take the ACT or SAT?
  • papyb.papyb. Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    i am 32, HS diploma (graduated from accounting technical HS) for now i would love to get payroll and bookkeeping certification from a community college. thanks
    what is ACT , SAT please?
    The ACT and SAT are standardized tests kids in the US...and abroad take in HS.

You are a non-traditional student in that you are 32 years old. In most likelihood, the standardized tests and your HS performance won't be considered hugely by the community colleges.

What did you do in you former country for a job?

If there is a community college near where you reside, I would strongly suggest you go and talk to them.

@kelsmom can folks here on asylum get any federally funded aid?
    i was accountant
    In your old country...did you have any training or schooling to become an accountant.
    i was accountant ,thanks for your concern
    @papyb.

I'm asking for a good reason. If you have schooling as an accountant from another country...and experience...please take that information to the community college nearest to you and ask them what to do next.

They might actually be helpful.
  • katliamomkatliamom Registered User Posts: 10,967 Senior Member
    I agree, papyb you should go to the community college nearest you.

They are probably very familiar with the needs of immigrants who want to strengthen their qualifications, and will explain everything. That is their job - to help you!
    thanks, will do that