Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

which college can I get full ride?

2»

Replies to: which college can I get full ride?

• TigerleTigerle Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    edited July 17
    I believe hasomaso was describing the situation in his home country, to explain where he was coming from when looking for similar opportunities in the US.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 63,122 Senior Member
    Many countries outside the United States charge far less than colleges here.

Getting a full ride or even full tuition is no easy task.
  • Jamrock411Jamrock411 Registered User Posts: 440 Member
    edited July 17
    In a large number of foreign countries, there are these For-Profit firms that are very popular with students who want to study in the USA. They charge these exorbitant fees for SAT/ACT prep, offer other services to these students and touting their ability to get students into top-ranked universities in the US with full rides (or close to it). Their advertisement is probably what is triggering all these requests for information on full ride colleges, totally oblivious to the realities that "full rides" ares only available to a select few.
  • OHMomof2OHMomof2 Registered User Posts: 9,864 Senior Member
    "@hasomaso "GPA is 3,45 GPA, 770+SAT-math and 500+sat english sat score."

And child is a US citizen. SAT is 1270 or you don't know yet?

You can look through these http://automaticfulltuition.yolasite.com/

It seems like GPA minimum is usually a 3.5 and SAT more like 1300, but there are a couple for full tuition, like Alabama State or Arkansas at Monticello.
2»