Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We've just launched our new college search tool at http://www.collegeconfidential.com/schools. Use this form to provide feedback as we continue to work toward a more robust solution to best meet your needs.

Sixup Student Loans

kenadeekkenadeek Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
Sixup is a new lending for student loans which is based on mainly academic and financial need. What is my chance of getting the loan and has anyone else gotten one from them?

Replies to: Sixup Student Loans

• gloriusglorius Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    haven't heard of it. and think better look for a scholarship or a grant rather than a loan -- do not think you want to spend the rest of your life paying off the loan..actually big mistake to take on large student loans. community college for 2 years followed by a state school for the last 2 is the only sane way to go, unless you get a free ride to a private school. Graduating with huge debt only to find limited paying jobs or grad school ($$) is nuts.
  • thumper1thumper1 Registered User Posts: 61,916 Senior Member
    @glorius

This student is a rising college junior who has already completed two years of college.

I agree with you. Any loans in excess of the $7500 federally funded Direct Loan for a college junior would be too much in my opinion.

To @kenadeek contact this loan company. And ask these questions:

1. Do I need a cosigner? What do I have to show NOT to need a cosigner?

2. What is the loan initiation fee for your loan?

3. What is the interest rate?

4. When does repayment start? Is it immediately upon disbursal, or can I defer until after graduation from college?

5. What is the maximum I can borrow (you don't want to get in the middle of your junior or senior year and find you are out of funds).

6. What happens if something happens to ME during the loan repayment period (you want to know this...in case you fall ill or lose your job).

If you can't get all of,these answers easily from the loan company...do NOT take a loan from them.