Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

What do I do when my parents are rich but won't help pay my tuition??

1235»

Replies to: What do I do when my parents are rich but won't help pay my tuition??

• MACmiracleMACmiracle Registered User Posts: 643 Member
    Troy?
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Registered User Posts: 82,259 Senior Member
    Troy's campus in Alabama is not filled with mostly foreign students and foreign profs.
  • BelknapPointBelknapPoint Registered User Posts: 2,635 Senior Member
    Troy's campus in Alabama is not filled with mostly foreign students and foreign profs.

I detect a bit of hyperbole in OP's posts. A lack of believable assertions makes it difficult to provide good advice.
  • MACmiracleMACmiracle Registered User Posts: 643 Member
    Doesn't Troy call itself Alabama's international university?

It could be just marketing of their programs for international students. ??
  • gearmomgearmom Registered User Posts: 1,501 Senior Member
    @noname87 I missed that. Perhaps dad is helping now that he is onboard with a savings plan and the sorority.

@KDhomie Glad you are working with and communicating with your dad. Very important even if he can be intimidating. Sounds like he cares about you.
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Registered User Posts: 82,259 Senior Member
    <<<Doesn't Troy call itself Alabama's international university?>>>

Troy's main campus, where there is Greek life, is a typical univ, and not loaded with int'ls.. However, the school has several satellite campuses and an extensive online program which may enroll many int'ls.
    If you knew where Troy's main campus was you'd highly doubt that there are mostly int'ls there.
1235»