Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Where to make CSS Profile for non-custodial parent?

zokegamerzokegamer Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
My college requires my non-custodial parent to complete a CSS Profile, too, and in the CSS webpage it gave me the option to email him so he can complete it himself. The problem is that he went to cssprofile.org and didn't figure it out. When we finally met he showed me the email which led him to cssprofile.org but there's no option to make a CSS Profile for a non-custodial parent. We tried together and made a college board account for him (despite the fact it didn't give option to make a collegeboard account for parents, just for students or educators). Nevertheless, we went ahead and made a CSS Profile for 2018-19 but we figured we were in the wrong place when it did not let us continue without selecting a college to which he would attend... College board hasn't gave any answer on their support email for css profiles and I really wonder if anyone faces the same problem as me and my dad, or maybe we are doing something wrong...
By the way the email said to go to cssprofile.org, make a college board account if he didn't have one, and complete his application.

Replies to: Where to make CSS Profile for non-custodial parent?

• lts9912lts9912 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Yep. I had the same issue. I'm pretty sure my dad was able to resolve it by entering identical information as I entered on my CSS Profile, and the profiles were able to be linked that way.

It is NOT the website linked above, that doesn't work. Just cssprofile.org and create an account (pretty sure my dad ended up signing up as a student), and creating a new profile on there.
  • zokegamerzokegamer Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Yea I will try that and my counselour is trying to figure it out too. If my conselour or me find a solution I'll come back to share it.
  • zokegamerzokegamer Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I finally received answer from College Board.
    Hope it helps you too:)

Emailed Steps:

Step 1: Go to Https://CSSProfile.collegeboard.org and click on sign in to apply.

Step 2: Click on sign in 2018-2019.

Step 3: You will be directed to a welcome page and will click on sign up.

Step 4: you will be taken to a page that says Create Your Student Account. In the general student information you will enter the student first and last name, the student gender and their date of birth.

Step 5: where it says Email address in the general student information you will enter your (the parent) email address and you will confirm the email address.

Step 6: After you enter your email address you will go to the next step and select the student High school graduation month and year, the student zip code and the student high school they attend/attended. You will skip the Filter by School Zip.

Step 7: In the username and password section you will create your own username and password and you will choose a security question from the drop down box then make an answer to your question you have picked.

Step 8: you will skip the Subscriptions and Parent Information section and you will click on “I agree with the Terms & Conditions.” And click next. The next page will ask you to confirm your information and then your account will be created. Please note when you are doing the application in the getting started-About the student section. you will see the noncustodial parent email address in the email section for that student, you will remove the email and enter the student email address.
  • lisabeeslisabees Registered User Posts: 475 Member
    You are awesome!! Thank you for sharing. We have been struggling with this for a few days. What an insanely inefficient process.
    Wait. We are filling it out and nowhere does it say that it is the noncustodial form. It is identical to the regular CSS Profile.
  • BelknapPointBelknapPoint Registered User Posts: 2,800 Senior Member
    Wait. We are filling it out and nowhere does it say that it is the noncustodial form. It is identical to the regular CSS Profile.

Are you the noncustodial parent?
    edited October 18
    Yes. Essentially, we are helping SD and mom fill out the regular one and we would like to fill out ours.