Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

ESA Foundation

Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,350CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
edited November 2010 in Financial Aid & Scholarships
So you always hear to be wary of scholarships with app fees... the ESA Foundation requires a $5 app fee , but it seems pretty legit to me. Anyone have any ideas or past experiences with them. please hurry cuz deadline is Feb 1st, haha. heres the website if you want

http://www.esaintl.com/esaf/scholarship_application.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Replies to: ESA Foundation

• bumblebee07bumblebee07 Posts: 177Registered User Junior Member
    It seems legit to me too, and I'm applying for it too I think, unless people here say not to. I saw a site that addressed this ques where they listed a bunch of scholarships that require a small fee but which they think are still legit, including this scholarship.
    A lot of different sources say the Epsilon Sigma Alpha foundation is a valid organization.
  • Dave_BerryDave_Berry Posts: 33,350CC Admissions Expert Senior Member
    great thanks bumblebee. good luck with your app.

but it kinda bugs me that we have to apply to each one seperately w/ their own transcripts, $5, recs, etc. hopefully it will be worth it. do you have any idea how competitive these things are?
    I have no idea how competitive it is. It is weird that we need 3 copies of everything in the same envelope and I think that's gonna confuse my counselor. Good luck to you too!
  • vtoodlervtoodler Posts: 2,111Registered User Senior Member
    Don't apply for it. Their scholarships are very competitive, and you must pay them $5, which kinda sucks to me.
    how do you define very competitive vtoodler? have you applied previously?haha idk its just such a simple application to submit (minus the five bucks haha)
    Five bucks isn't much to pay if theres a chance to win 1,000!
    It's like a lottery- with a little better chance of winning. And my mom buys lottery tickets. And kids are supposed to learn from their parents. And.. get ittt?

Plus I spent an hour writing their essay so that'd be a big waste of time if I don't apply now.
    haha you are too right. we are getting good practice for our gambling habits with all is scholarship nonsense
  • vtoodlervtoodler Posts: 2,111Registered User Senior Member
    they recieve thousands of applications. that's how I know it's competitive. They only give a handful of awards. In the state of Missouri, which is my state, they only give about 8 awards although they recieve over 1000 applications. To me, it's just not worth it.
  • spartanspirit428spartanspirit428 Posts: 115Registered User Junior Member
    so they can't go in separate envelopes?
  • metermaidmetermaid Posts: 112Registered User Junior Member
    Not sure how competitve, but worth it. My D received a $500 scholarship from them.
  • mypattymypatty Posts: 24Registered User New Member
    Can anyone post who has won this one plz?