Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How to write an Application Fee Waiver Request

mellowjellomellowjello Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2004 in Financial Aid & Scholarships
I apologize if this is thread is kinda dumb, but I am in need of serious help.

I am an international student studying in one of the best high schools in my country. But the problem is we don't have a guidance counselor. Our vice-principal who is in charge of helping students with their college applications has absolutely zero clue as to how to write a request, and actually asked me to write one and she would sign it.

Most colleges ask that you provide an explanation as to why you are unable to pay the fee - in my case it's simply because my parents aren't rich and I don't think that I can spend $1000 alone on application fees . So how do I tell them this ("in a mannerly fashion")?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx.
Post edited by mellowjello on

Replies to: How to write an Application Fee Waiver Request

• akashbansalakashbansal Posts: 1,539Registered User Senior Member
    Write-

mellowjello is a bonafide student of Dhaka Public School,Dhaka.He is applying to ur university for the fall session 2005.

As his parents annual income is 25000 dollars.payment of the application fee poses a significant financial hardship.I request u to grant him a fee waiver on his college application fee.

Thankin u,
    Yours tuly

Mr. Vice -principal
  • gianievvegianievve Posts: 1,821Registered User Senior Member
    Great letter Akash. Edited version:

Dear X,

Mellowjello is a student of Dhaka Public School in Dhaka, Bangladesh. He is applying to X University for admission in Fall 2005.

As his parents' annual income is only $XYZ Bangladesh dollars (US$X), payment of the application fee poses significant financial hardship. I therefore kindly request that you consider waiving his application fee.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. X
    Vice-Principal