Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Help Naviance, a relative of College Confidential, fine-tune a design. You could receive a $10 gift card to Amazon. Start here: https://ethn.io/67193

Disability income on FAFSA?

lovehexlovehex Posts: 89Registered User Junior Member
Where should I put income received from disability on the FAFSA? Is it untaxed income?

Post edited by lovehex on

Replies to: Disability income on FAFSA?

  • asdfjkl1asdfjkl1 Posts: 1,950Registered User Senior Member
    Yes. It's under the part where it mentions untaxed income. It's right around the Federal Government programs. I forget where but you have to click something for it to pop up under parent's income or "other income." I honestly forget.
  • lovehexlovehex Posts: 89Registered User Junior Member
    Thanks for the quick reply! =)
  • Jugulator20Jugulator20 Posts: 834Registered User Member
    Assuming that you are a minor student and you are talking about disability income from Social Security (SS), SS disability income received by a minor is considered income for the parent and reported on FAFSA parent schedule A (line 84). The SS disability income is reported under the minor’s SS number and may have to be reported on the minor’s 1040 however.

    If you are a parent who has to include parental info on FAFSA and you’re talking about receiving disability through some insurance policy, the income may or may not be taxable. If it’s taxable, it would be included in you AGI on your 1040 form and reported on FAFSA line 79. If it’s not taxable income then it’s reported on FAFSA schedule B (unreported income) line 85.

    Whatever you do, the income only gets entered once on FAFSA, do not report it twice.
Sign In or Register to comment.