Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Why can't I correct my FAFSA?

b_s_Bowserb_s_Bowser Posts: 151Registered User Junior Member
So I had made some changes to my FAFSA. However after submitting I forgot to indicate how much of my AGI was grant/scholarship money (a substantial portion of it)...just one of those days -_-

This was yesterday. I go on today to make corrections, but I get a page saying this:

"Transaction is Being Processed"

I check the status of my recent correction but it states it has been processed!

Ahh I'm getting stressed! Last thing I need is my school thinking I can pay almost $8000 when my actual EFC should be in the 1500-2000 range!
Post edited by b_s_Bowser on

Replies to: Why can't I correct my FAFSA?

• thumper1thumper1 Posts: 32,388Registered User Senior Member
    You can't change it yet...because it has not been processed. This can take 2-3 days.
  • b_s_Bowserb_s_Bowser Posts: 151Registered User Junior Member
    So even if my current status says "Processed", I have to wait 2-3 days? Huh well I guess I will wait till tomorrow.
  • thumper1thumper1 Posts: 32,388Registered User Senior Member
    "Transaction is Being Processed"

didn't you day THIS is what you saw?
    When I go to see the status of a submitted FAFSA (which in this case is the latest correction I did on 03/27/10) The current status says "Processed". The processed date is 03/27/2010

Now, if I click on "Make Corrections" and input my pin and enter a password, I go to a page that says:

"Transaction is Being Processed

You already have a transaction that is waiting to be processed, so you will have to wait to submit a correction. Correction records are typically processed within three days."

Hence my confusion. Maybe I need to wait till Monday, since I did the FAFSA yesterday night.
    Spoke to someone at the FAFSA Customer Service. He said (and I quote):
    I'm showing that the corrections you made on 03/27 did show immediately, however, sometimes the database does not recognize
    the corrections for the remainder of the standard processing time. I'm going to recommend that you wait until tomorrow, since that will be the
    third day, to make the corrections.

Fair enough.