Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Financial Aid award letter/notification

dtucker73dtucker73 Posts: 14Registered User New Member
When do schools generaly send out financial aid award letters/notification? I've already had to pay the dorm room deposit and still don't know for sure if I can even afford to go? Do you not find out until you're enrolled or how does the process work?
Post edited by dtucker73 on

Replies to: Financial Aid award letter/notification

• inneedofadviceinneedofadvice Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    For me, the notification was given to me in three ways:
    1. with the acceptance letter (in the big envelope)
    2. in the school site (your "log in" account)
    3. 1-2 weeks later in a separate letter from the school.
  • sk8rmomsk8rmom Posts: 5,746Registered User Senior Member
    If you can't find the info on the website, email the FA or admissions office and find out! Dorm deposits are generally refundable until May, tuition deposits are not.
  • dtucker73dtucker73 Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    We definitely didn't recieve it in the acceptance letter or two weeks afterward because she applied and got accepted way before filed the fafsa applications which is what I thought they based the financial aid package on. We've logged in to the school site and it doesn't state anything there either.
  • momofthreeboysmomofthreeboys Posts: 11,393Registered User Senior Member
    Call and ask your college. I know I won't hear from one college for another couple weeks...about mid-April I was told although they verbally gave me an estimate of what would be in the package. We have heard back from many of the colleges that S2 is considering last week.