Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Can you get scholarships while in college?

DigimasDigimas Posts: 10Registered User New Member
Hello,

I don't know much about scholarships and what's available so this question may appear stupid to those who are in the loop on such things.

I'm currently a junior mechanical engineering student at a Big Ten university with a 2.73 cumulative GPA. Previously I didn't think my GPA was high enough to even have a chance at getting scholarships but now that I'm approaching the 3.0 mark I thought I should look into it.

Do I even have a shot at a scholarship with my GPA? Where should I be looking for scholarship opportunities?
Post edited by Digimas on

Replies to: Can you get scholarships while in college?

• GardnaGardna Posts: 1,002Registered User Member
    Your best bet is to apply for scholarships from the college itself. The reason for this is that outside scholarships -- which are pretty slim pickings normally -- tend to dry up quite a bit for people who aren't in high school and are already in college. The college's website should have scholarship opportunities on its financial aid section.