Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How may a MIP ticket affect an ROTC scholarship?

rj9317rj9317 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
Hello all, I'm going to be a junior in high school this fall, but I've already been thinking about college. I am hoping to get an AFROTC scholarship. However, in August of my sophomore year, I got a drinking ticket. I did a diversion program and I now have a clean record. I took a peek at the AFROTC application and they specifically ask if you've gotten any MIPs even if they're not on your record anymore. When I say yes, and explain myself, how will this affect my chances to receive any sort of financial aide?
Post edited by rj9317 on

Replies to: How may a MIP ticket affect an ROTC scholarship?

• JustAMomOf4JustAMomOf4 Posts: 4,563Registered User Senior Member
    An AF ROTC scholarship is not "financial aid". This is a Merit Scholarship which is awarded to Qualified individuals based on merit.
    Part of qualifying is meeting the standards for military service. You need to report your infraction and if you do receive a 'morals' dq, you may get a waiver.
    Only the AF can make this call. Not knowing the whole story here - one can only speculate.
    My advice is to explain yourself and go forward.